Sunday, May 8, 2011

Huh

I started a post the other day, saved a draft of it and now . . . . gone. Must not have meant it.

It's been an interesting two months since I left my 9-5 office job. I'm not sorry I did it, not one little bit. I was too unhappy for too long, and the things that I would have needed to do to work thru the main problem I was having (my OCD), I couldn't have done on that job.

I went to work for a local restaurant, one close to my house, thinking I'd save gas, be close to home and could more easily work on the house to get it ready to sell. Didn't happen. All the attendant struggles with starting a new job as well as the unique challenges of each individual place and I wasn't getting much done at home. I was exhausted, having started back waiting tables after a long period of not doing so. It's physically demanding work.

Then, just as I was getting into a groove with my new schedule, WHAMO! the place closed. I wasn't that surprised, actually. They were struggling. I just hoped they'd limp thru the summer and give me a chance to get done what I wanted/needed to get done on my house to get it on the market.

I've had a month off. I've just gone back to work at a new restaurant, just now opening. Have I gotten a lot done at my house? No. Dammit, what the hell's wrong with me? (to be continued . . . . )

No comments:

Post a Comment